Tanit and Apollo




©2007, Turtle Heart, text and images


The meaning of is: In this mystery life, the meaning of is, is that it is my privilege to speak freely. I told all of the elders with whom I spoke and dreamed and smoked that I would exercise this privilege in a circle around the world. They said the meaning of is is that it is ok.

16 November
A tiny spot on my left thumb itches beyond all measure of the space, or tiny spot that it is. Among other things, Pantelleria is itchy.

Everybody has heard of Apollo. Not the perfume or sports-car apollo, but The Apollo. He was seduced by with and around a mysterious sacred woman that we all know as Tanit. Tanit was the Daughter of the Wind.

When she told me her name, I knew my life from now on was going to be on her belly. I changed virtually everything in my life, everyone in my life, my country, my past, all in that moment, without hesitation.

When Apollo met Tanit, she gave him a cup of Passito, in the sunlight. In that moment the golden light of Passito captured Apollo and the mountains of Olympus were never the same.

Yes, she whispered her name to me as I brought Passito to my lips.
The Enchantment of Ulysses is the name of this painting on this post.
In my astrological chart, my natal figure, which has been cast many times, I have no water. On Pantelleria, there is no water though we are surrounded by the sea. Rain Water is our life (aside from the tons of water in plastic bottles). Every building, small and large, is designed to collect Rain Water. I feel that connection with water in a new way here. The Ojibway people are people of the water. Our great Nations developed all along the headwaters of the Mississippi River and the five Great Lakes. Tanit would have understood this. She was a sacred woman of the water down here.


For centuries, since 35,000 BC, human beings have been living in this sacred garden with only Rain Water. And Passito. And Obsidian. And Geckos. And Capers.

At the moment, Pantelleria is the recipients of a Chinese initiative to offer digital services to Pantelleria and Sicily in general. A state of the art high speed internet services, the backbone, is being laid out all over the island. It is scheduled to include numerous hotspots for wireless access. It is an exciting development which we plan to use to bring more attention to the work we are doing here. In the three years I have been here, I have been limited to a dial up modem account which is painfully slow.

I believed three years ago that Pantelleria is a perfect place for the world to pass and stop for a moment. That was the message I got right away. "Wait here," she said, "ask the world to come here". Even the Chinese like it. We have several Chinese families on Pantelleria. The Chinese telecom industry competes with other telecom services in Europe. Italy has a good relationship with China.In an agressive competition, this has been the outcome.

Yes, while traveling around the world I stopped on Pantelleria. I felt like Yaniboozhoo, the original man, who found himself on the back of a mystery life turtle many centuries ago. Behind him, at that time long ago, the world was crashing in on itself. If the story of Sparta is true, if the story of Buddha is true, I have no trouble at all in believing what the earth tells me from the back of this little turtle.

This is a good place to come and put sacred tobacco into the morning fire. It is a good place for dreaming. Any serious student of dreaming would find out something on Pantelleria.

We are hoping to start up some podcasting and other services which having high speed internet will make possible. Even as I write the ADSL modem sits blinking a single red light. When that light stops blinking, we will be online at the installation of what they say is the ultimate state of the art in high speed access (1,500 plus kb)…that is 1.5 megabytes or better downloads.

Pantelleria is the new home base and mother fire for the World Journey of the Four Directions Unity Bundle. You can find out some more about Tanit by following this link.

Popular Posts